When a child loses permanent housing due to economic hardship and becomes homeless as defined by law, or when a homeless child changes his or her temporary living arrangements, the parents or guardians of the homeless child shall have the option of either:

(1) continuing the child’s education in the school of origin for as long as the child remains homeless or until the end of the academic year (if the child becomes permanently housed during that year); or

(2) enrolling the child in any school that non-homeless students who live in the same attendance area are eligible to attend.

For further information please contact the district homeless liaison at 815.624.7143